Today we welcome fellow SoCal girl, April, of Modern Homemade to our Image-Only Interviews for Sewists! I think I first discovered April through Instagram, but it’s all so hard to remember. This internet/blogging/sewing world is so huge and yet so small. The connections are always surprising. However I first “met” her (on the web, since we haven’t yet met in person) April’s creations caught my eye. Like this sweet romper she made for her daughter, or these stylish skirts she sewed for herself this summer, or these baby boy shorts she repurposed from a men’s shirt. Head on over to her blog and spend some time browsing. Thanks for joining us, April!
1. What project you are currently working on?
2. What is your creative process?
3. What has inspired you lately?
4. What is one thing you’ve sewn that you are especially proud of?
5. What is your newest favorite sewing technique?
6. What color best describes this season of your life?
7. Share a project with us that was so impactful that it changed the way you create and sew?
8. What is one thing you would like us to know about you?
9. Share with us one detail of your creative space.