Hello loves! Last week I was traveling with my family and this week I’m happy to kick things off with a really special project.
Awhile ago, Ginny from Darling Adventures contacted me and asked if I’d be willing to sew-a-long with her DIY Journal Cover tutorial. I watched her video and since it was–holy moly–so good I decided it was time I learned how to sew a custom journal cover and said YES!
Luckily for my son, the sew-a-long dates fell right around his birthday and he became the first recipient of a mommy-made journal cover in this family. If I’m being honest, he’s probably not the last.
This DIY journal cover makes the perfect handmade gift.
- It’s appropriate for all skill levels.
- It’s easily customizable.
- It’s a great stash-buster and a fun way to showcase a favorite fabric.
- Cut a front piece 6 and 7/8 inches by 10 3/4 inches.
- Cut a contrasting back piece 9 3/4 inches by 10 3/4 inches.