Hello friends! Today I am going to admit something to you: I am a little tired of sewing kids clothes.
Oh my gosh, HOW COULD IT BE?!
I usually can’t get enough of sewing for my kids, but I think the first two weeks of sewing along with Project Run and Play (plus all the other things I’ve been sewing on the side) has put me over the edge. Therefore I have self-declared this a BREAK WEEK. I am not sewing anything for my children this week.
Sorry children. But I love sewing too much to let myself get sick of it.
This means I’ve been getting enough sleep, starting a project for my husband (poor man, I never sew him anything), and reading Gone With the Wind. It’s been a wonderful week!
Anyway, I thought I’d take a moment to let you know what’s going on around here. How about any of you? Do you get sick of your favorite hobby sometimes and need to take a short break? Or at least try something new, like sewing for your husband for a change? Speaking of, do any of you sew for your husbands??
I have a few projects saved up that I haven’t shown you yet, so I’m going to focus on writing those posts this weekend. And then next week it’s, dum dada dum Project Run & Play Week 4: Create an outfit for a BOY! Believe it: I am going to sew along.
Before I go, I thought it would be fun to join in with Shannon’s (from Luvinthemommyhood) fill-in-the-blank link-up. You can see her’s here and my responses below. You should join in, too! (Thanks, Kristin, for the tip!)
- i’m longing to make “myself a new dress” right now.
- i want to try “an Oliver + S coat pattern” with some “awesome wool” (but it never really gets cold enough for wool around here)
- i wish i could sew with “Spoonflower” fabric (also agree with Shannon’s answer here: Liberty!
- i dream of making myself “a long fancy-pants coat”
- i keep track of my ideas by “sketching them in a notebook” and “writing them in the notes app on my iPhone”
- i’m inspired by “my children”
- i would love to meet “Heather Ross” in person
- my favorite fiber is “linen”
- i like to sew with “high quality cotton”
- my favorite color is “turquoise or coral”
- i rock at “pulling of my wild ideas in the middle of the night”
- i would like to learn how to “screen print or design fabric”
- i like to “watch Netflix or Hulu” while I sew
- i bring my “iphone” everywhere
- my favorite thing to sew is “dresses for Abby”
- my crafting space “could never, ever, ever be considered organized”
- if i had my own crafting room it would be “open and light with lots of color”
- i sew with a “Janome and I love, love, love it”
- i like to “draw and daydream about new designs”
- i can never get enough “fabric or time to sew”
- i adore “the way abby poses for pictures”
- i also enjoy “reading” and “writing”
- i like to fill my shelves with “fabric, lace, books and patterns”
- i create best when “I’ve had 1/2 a glass of wine” (TRUE!)
- i am currently excited for “elsie marley’s Kid’s Clothes Week Challenge”
- right now i am “cutting out an Oliver + S sketchbook shirt for Stryder”
- i love to watch “british shows and television reruns on Netflix or Hulu” while creating
- my guilty pleasure when it comes to creating is “Japanese fabrics and pattern books”
- my current favorite music crush to listen to while creating is “none because i’m always watching something instead”